CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter

This year I had to remind myself that Easter is not only about going to church and dressing up. This Easter would have been a bit of a let-down if my focus was on those things. On Friday night, Caden woke up with a bad stomach bug, which progressed into him being a limp, pathetic little boy with a fever that barely moved for a day and a half. I ended up getting the same thing a few hours after him and did not feel like moving, either. Unfortunately, Brian had to leave early Saturday morning for a few days, so it was just me & the kids. On Saturday, my Dad stepped in and was a tremendous help by taking the girls for nearly the entire day. CJ & I literally slept the whole day as we felt so miserable. Even the baby didn't move, which concerned me, but turned out being fine. Late Saturday evening, the girls returned and CJ and I made our way downstairs to watch Theda, Baba, & the girls decorate eggs. I gave Caden his own egg to color with some stickers and he was happy with that. We went to bed shortly after, and thankfully woke up feeling much better. The girls woke up first at about 6:40, then came to get Caden & I. On Easter morning, there was a clue left for the kids to find. Once they read it, it lead to other clues until they found their hidden Easter baskets. Although groggy, all three kids (& Mom) traveled through the house back and forth and up and down the stairs, until finally they found the baskets hidden in their bathtub. We brought the baskets into my room and they had a blast discovering their goodies. They always seem to get a big chocolate bunny and other little toys and goodies. Then, we went downstairs and I made pancakes for breakfast--the first meal in 2 days for CJ & I. From that point on, we all felt much better and just enjoyed the day together. It didn't matter that we weren't all dressed up. It didn't even matter that we had an Easter egg hunt in the living room. We just spent the day together and read Bible stories about God's love for us & Christ's resurrection. Now that's what Easter is all about.

0 comments: