CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Doing Nothing















I read an article in the paper yesterday about letting the kids "do nothing" for a change. It's funny because that's exactly what I had been doing for the past week or so. I am beginning to enjoy the relaxing summer with very little scheduled. The girls have a sunflower with 14 petals & on each petal is a little activity-of-the-day. For example, bake cookies to share, or go to the library. That's about the extent of our plans. Today we went to the elementary school for story time & to check out books from the media center. The rest of the day was spent reading & playing with the neighborhood kids. As usual, there are some people that ride horses around our neighborhood & when I went to check on the kids, and they were petting the horse. Then, they continued to play with the boys next door until I had to pull them in for clean-up. Even though it was 9:00 by the time they got into bed, the girls were so cute because they were both hooked reading their books. We tucked them in and left the light on for them to finish... after all, we have "nothing" planned again for tomorrow. :)

0 comments: