It's been a while since my last post. I attempted to post once or twice, but got too busy or the blog wouldn't load my photos, so I gave up. Anyway, we had another week go by. The girls and I had a chance to work on lots of crafts during the thunderstorms earlier in the week. Wednesday we went to the media center at the school again. Our neighbors & friends, Amber & Faolan, met up with us there. Brianna has been reading a lot about reptiles lately and really started asking about getting a lizard. I feel that we have enough animals at the moment, but I said we would think about it. That very night, Baba caught a lizard (a five-lined skink) and offered it to us. Brianna was thrilled (and I didn't have to invest in buying one with all the equipment). We did some research on-line to learn more about it & how to take care of it. We had it for about 2 days before it escaped...we're hoping it's outside, which it should be. We have no idea how or when it got out.
Yesterday, we hosted our very first cookout with Brian's church softball team. They guys and their families are very nice and we are starting to get to know more people from our church. Our neighbors across the street & my Dad & his friend Helen joined us, too. We have really gotten to know our neighbors better in the last year--good people. We are blessed! Despite the brief storm that went through, we all had a nice time together. I love cooking for people and filling our home with friends and family. I look forward to finding more excuses to have people over. :)
Sunday, July 30, 2006
It's been a while...
Posted by Brian & Jenn + 4 at 6:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment