CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring

We have had a good dose of spring lately. Allergies are starting with pollen everywhere (actually not too bad this year), but it is so beautiful to see bright purple, pink, and white blooms on the trees, turning into bright green leaves. I have to admit, the biggest thing I miss is the full green fescue grass. They have it down here, too, and it looks great all winter and spring. Our grass, centipede, is dry and brown from November until about April. Then, during the summer months when the fescue is burned from the heat, our centipede looks nice and full and green. I guess you can't have nice, full green grass all year round, so I'll deal with having our green grass and low water bills in the summer. I have also (in the past two years) really taken to landscaping. Maybe because we had to start with a blank slate for the most part. I am looking forward to working in the yard this week/season and seeing what I can get done. Brian officially left for his trip to Reno, but I know my days are already booked. I have high ambitions!

We had a good, but fast weekend. Yesterday, after gymnastics and softball practice, the kids played in the sprinkler. It was our hottest day so far, reaching 87. Caden was pretty cautios and enjoyed watching more than participating. Today, we left at 8AM to take Brian to the airport, then I took the kids to Bob Evans for breakfast. We still had some time to kill before church, so we stopped at Target for a few things, then headed to church. We came home for lunch and Caden's nap, then headed back to church for an Easter Party & egg hunt. They had a good time, just very busy. :)

0 comments: