CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

Christmas came quickly, as it does when you get older. The kids and I had a flurry of school activities, then started our 2 week break from school. We went to church on Christmas Eve and were planning on going out to eat, but since every place was closed, we settled for some KFC. The kids were so excited and got everything ready for Santa. They slept on the couches in the down stairs living area in hopes of hearing Santa, but he came and delivered the goods without waking anyone. We woke up before dawn with excitement. I just love watching the kids enter the room as they discover the tree surrounded by presents. They each took turns handing out the presents and unwrapping them--Nate was in the middle of them all. I just love Christmas. It's a day to be thankful of God's love for us--as we celebrate His Son's birth. I just love spending the day at home, relaxing and playing with the kids--nowhere to rush to. We had our turkey dinner & didn't leave the house at all. For the first time in many years, we enjoyed a white Christmas. :)

0 comments: